What is a Creative Education and why is it important ?
Creativity Culture & Education,
Presentation at the Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture
14:00 - 15:30, Thursday 10th January
If our economy is to grow sustainably, we need to develop innovation and a creative workforce. So what will this mean for our education systems? What does this mean for artists, designers and creatives?
Paul's lecture will draw on his experience of observing, designing and delivering programmes in creative education, not only in England but elsewhere in Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
He will draw on the extensive research commissioned by CCE which has measured the impact of such approaches on attainment, motivation, behaviour and parental engagement. The presentation will be extensively illustrated with examples of projects delivered by CCE in different countries, that are designed to help delegates develop their own practice with children, young people and students.
Paul is visiting Karachi to help establish an arts education programme that will take place across 2013 in schools in Karachi, in collaboration with Vasl Artists' Collective and the British Council. His presentation will be of particular interest to artists, educationalists, teachers and headteachers in secondary and higher education, along with those interested in development and economy.
- Vasl ARTshare with Regional Residency Artists at Department of Visual Studies Karachi University
- Vasl ARTshare with Regional Residency Artists at Karachi School of Arts
- Vasl ARTshare with Mick Douglas at Vasl Karachi
- VASL ARTshare with Henrik Andersson at Vasl
- VASL ARTshare with Tooraj Khamenehzadeh and Gemma Sharpe at KSA
- VASL ARTshare with Tooraj Khamenehzadeh and Gemma Sharpe at
Department of Visual Studies Karachi University
- VASL ARTshare with Tooraj Khamenehzadeh IVS Gallery
- Vasl ARTshare with Saba Qizilbash at Art Chowk Gallery Karachi
- ARTshare with Taaza Tareen VI at IVSA
- ARTshare with Taaza Tareen VI at KSA
- ARTshare with Taaza Tareen VI at KU
- ARTshare with Lara Baladi at NCA and BNU Lahore
- ARTshare with International Artists Residency
- ARTshare - Vasl with Damon Kowarsky
- Artshare with Maria Z.Benjamin and Sana Mustafa’s
- Taaza Tareen V at IVSA
- Taaza Tareen V at KU
- 360 Extended
- Art Writing as a Practice by Gemma Sharpe
- Masooma Syed at IVSA
- Taaza Tareen IV
- City Of Many Layers by Farhana Syeda
- Sculpture Of The Screen Lecture by Brad Butler and Karen Mirza
- Lecture by Dr. Monica Dematte on Chinese Contemporary Art
- Lecture on Video Art by Johan Pijnappel
- In dialogue by Christina Mackie
- ARTshare II at VM Art Gallery
- Ceramic Residency of Kristine Michael